Mobile Applications – Jump The Bandwagon And Beat Competition
Have you developed a mobile application for your business and thinking that it is just great? However, do people agree? Remember, that if you have developed an app, the most important aspect that proves its success is user retention. This forms the best measure to decide if your products are loved by customers. Eventually, everything related to success boils down to how much people love your app and continue using it for long.
There are already loads of apps doing the rounds. With the likes of Google Play, Android stores and Amazon, you will never find a deficit in this department. This also makes the competition tough. You need to develop something that is able to sustain competition and yet be loved by people. This makes it imperative that your application is unique.
How Can You Achieve Uniqueness?
The foremost aspect before developing a mobile application is to understand competition. You need to be completely aware about the capability of your competitors. Now let us check how you can engage in this activity to come out trumps.
- Search the market for different apps and check who leads the pack in relation to your topic.
- Then check if these apps are free; if not, how much is the cost?
- Check customer reviews. This is the most vital. This gives you insights about what people are talking about apps and what is loved by them and what is hated. You also understand what features are most liked by people. All this gives you an idea about how you can engage in developing your own app.
- Now check what message your competitors are pushing. See on what points is their strategy focused on in terms of describing the application they have developed.
- The next aspect to consider is the market response for the apps developed by your competitors. See how many people have downloaded the apps in the recent days and are these downloads continuing. Continuation is important, as even if the apps are downloaded initially, people may not like them and stops downloading. Hence, actual competition is from apps that are downloaded continuously.
Once you have all the information regarding the above mentioned points, you can have a base to develop your app accordingly to beat competition. Once your app is developed keeping the above points in mind, there are certain points to remember as mentioned below:
- You need to market the app based on its advantages for users.
- Include the USP of your app in your marketing plan. This simply means that you display features along with their benefits for users. Remember to highlight those points that competitors do not possess. This will provide you with an edge.
- Explain to the users how your mobile application avoids pitfalls that many had complained about related to competitor apps; however, remember to not name the competitor.
- Your marketing strategy has to be based on the point that you are unique and users will not find anything better than this.
Finally, remember the point about retention. This can be the aspect that aids your mobile application to beat competition.
I am Pratik Kanada, founder & CEO of 360 Degree Technosoft, which makes app ideas into reality by providing unique design and development services across iOS and Android platforms. I generally write blogs on mobile technology, app development and app marketing.