It is of paramount importance that a company or individual determines the cost of developing an iOS app. The significance of the predetermined capital being invested in the project is something that needs to be pre-planned before overtaking the project. However, planning the average iOS app development cost can be quite exhausting and multifaceted as it incorporates several factors that impact the outstanding sum. To make a successful iOS app you need to understand the following levels of pricing inclusive in the development.
Factors Affecting iOS App Development Cost Estimation
1. Based on Size
An increase in the size of the iOS app multiplies the number of windows and features available. This expansion, as a result, requires prolonged development costs and time. However, there are numerous ways and strategies in which you can decide the exact features and elements to be incorporated into the app. Before developing the app it is essential to understand the inventory of features and ideas of the app.
Prospecting comprehensive market research is the fundamental approach that most companies follow. Analyzing their competitors includes approaches such as the type of device the target user is generally found on, understanding the elements that barricade the app from a decent user experience, and the best features that the user keeps coming back to as a prerequisite for market analysis. Amicable inspection of related apps in the market is also essential.
Once determining the above, the iOS app development can commence, and targeting the pain points and requirements of the users of the app, a compelling iOS app can be constructed that screams competitor to the audience.
2. Based on Complexity and Features
The efficiency of the app is based on its diverse nature and versatility. Consequently, the complexity of the app increases which is tantamount to the exceptionally varied ranges of cost of iOS app development. There are five multiple levels of complexity when it comes to iPhone app development costs:
- Admin Panel Development– This is the primary feature that is built on the app. It is utilized by people to view the app’s statistics, keep multiple windows open, and update its content anytime.
- In-App Purchase Feature- Many people across the market like this feature as it is strictly used for monetization purposes.
- Deployment Model of Architecture- There are two kinds of backend development namely BaaS and Custom backend development. The former enforces already available and built architecture while the latter encapsulates the built-from-scratch backend architecture development.
- Third-Party App Integration- Without setting up a third-party app there cannot be any monetary transactions or sign-ups through Google and Facebook.
- Device Commands- Specific functions such as Bluetooth, GPS, etc., are necessary for the app. Hence, it is quite significant that these functions are embedded into the app.
|Basic iOS App||Apps including UI and basic functions||(2-4 Months)|
|Medium and Complex iOS app||High-backed apps with custom UI needs||$25,000+|
3. Based on the app type
Varied app types are also one of the reasons why the pricing of iOS app development differs individually. Each category contains its statistics and features.
|iOS App Categories||Development Time||Development Cost||MVP (Minimum Viable Product)||MVP Duration|
|Business App||2-8 Months||$5,000-$20,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Education App||2-10 months||$5,000-$25,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Entertainment App||3-6 months||$7,500-$15,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Travel App||2-10 months||$5,000-$25,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Shopping App||3-8 months||$7,500-$20,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Social Networking App||5-10 months||$12,500-$25,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Health and Fitness App||2-6 months||$5,000-$15,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Medical App||2-6 months||$5,000-$15,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
|Food delivery App||3-6 Months||$7,500-$15,000||$2,500-$3,500||1-1.5 Months|
4. Based on Team Size
It is not just the elements of the app that regulate the cost of pricing of the app, but also the people who make the app possible. The iPhone app developer costs depend on either of the two cases, whether you have hired a freelance iPhone app developer or a self-reliant iOS app development team.
|Development Role||Global Average Cost (Hourly)|
|iOS App Developer||$20-$100|
It is quite evident that individual skills don’t come cheap while a full-stack iOS app development team comes at quite a cost-effective price.
5. Based on Location
The geography of a site is also quite incumbent when it comes to determining the price of iPhone app development. Diverse regions in India and America entail varying costs for iPhone app development.
Even though these are the more significant factors that determine the cost of making the iOS app, there are additional factors that are equally crucial in the construction of an iOS application. The final budget is the culmination of categories such as iOS app launch, and iOS app maintenance.
6. Based on the App Launching Process
Once you go through the aforementioned criteria, launching the app is what awaits you in developing an iOS app. However, it can be quite troublesome on the App Store since there are certain guidelines that one needs to check off to successfully make the app available to the world.
7. Based on App Maintenance
Now that you have launched your app on the App Store, things only start to get more intense. The costs keep on piling due to the inundation of additional elements such as the maintenance of the app. The pricing depends on the addition of the following services:
- General Updates- Every time a new update for the OS is launched, your app needs to go through minor updates and changes in the technology. This enhances the compatibility of the app with the most recent update that offers a seamless and fail-proof user experience.
- Troubleshooting Bugs- The occasional dalliance of bugs in your app will always be a bother to the development team. Bugs are always occurring and re-appearing, hence, the pricing hikes to keep the app bug-free.
- Design Refurbishments- Due to the ever-changing digital world, there is always room for improvement when it comes to the designing aspect of the app. As a result, the cost of iOS app developers will also improve on the frontend helm.
Additional Expenses Affecting The Original Price
Besides the primary cost of developing an app for the iPhone, there are hidden and extra expenses that increase the final pricing bill of developing an iPhone app. Given below is a list of exactly those services that extend the bill.
|Hidden Cost Factors||Added Prices|
|App Developer Account||$100|
|Annual iOS updates||$1000|
|Monitoring and maintenance||$4000-$12000|
Relative Study Of iOS and Android App Development Cost
It’s a no-brainer that we have to compare how the average costs differ from iOS to that of Android.
The difference in the duration of designing apps for both Android and iOS is paper thin. Although looking from a quality perspective, it is crystal clear that iOS-based designs are better than Android. The reason behind this could be the strict App Store guidelines that require a meticulous examination to clear.
2. App Development Duration
Due to multiple elements to factor in, there cannot be a definitive conclusion about the duration of app development for both iPhone and Android.
Android utilizes Kotlin and Java while iOS deals in Swift. Android developing languages can be quite heavy and much more time-consuming than Swift. As a result, with Swift, iOS app development can be done a lot quicker.
Another noteworthy aspect to factor in is the device fragmentation of both these kinds of OS versions. There are a multitude of Android devices with varying screen sizes and OS versions that result in a much more sophisticated development.
On the other hand, iOS development does not nearly entail as many devices as Android which curtails the development time for it.
3. Testing Time
Testing time can be a serious deal to include while determining how much it costs to develop an iOS app. Due to the domino effect, device fragmentation of an iOS app reduces the time taken to test the app. For the same app in Android, the time taken to be tested is lengthier than the former due to it being omnipresent in a bunch of different devices containing a different OS, screen resolution, screen size, etc.
4. Hourly Rates
As mentioned above, it is self-explanatory since iOS developers use Swift and Android developers use heavy languages like Java and Kotlin, much time is required to write more sophisticated code for Android than it does for Swift. Consequently, iOS developers charge 10-15% more than the ones coding in Java.
5. Launching Troubles
The premium standards of Apple for app publication and submission make it a hassle to get their app verified. Not only that but once it is approved, the owner is required to pay about $99 every year to the App Store. However, such a herculean process isn’t required for the Play Store. All it needs is a one-time investment of $25 with much leniency on the guidelines.
All these factors are responsible for the successful working and publication of your iOS app in the market. Hence, it is always a better option to choose an iOS app development company over relying on an individual.
Ways in which 360 Degree Technosoft can help you with iOS App Development
360 Degree Technosoft has pioneered its way of aiding its clients with scalable and seamless iPhone app development solutions. Our iOS developers guarantee that the final product will be quality-driven and cost-efficient.
Be it general or industry-specific, our iOS software developers make sure that the apps are built in a versatile and diverse manner that can be ventured into a range of cases. Some of these cases include video streaming, route matching, geo-tagging, and many more across a variety of fields. So get in touch with our team and get onboard on a delightful journey with us!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to determine the cost of my iOS app development project?
To get a general estimate of your app development project, make sure to thoroughly analyze the app’s elements and features, design aspects, and other elements included. Following this, make sure to get in touch with various iOS app development companies and get a quote depending on your project’s expectations and specifications. Once you compare multiple quotes with your expectations from the project you will get a general idea of the game that needs to be played.
2. Is there a way to minimize the development of cost without sabotaging quality?
The best way to optimize the development of the iOS app is:
- Make sure that you focus on the most significant features and functionalities to override superfluous complications
- Make sure to utilize only open-source libraries and frameworks to curtail the time for development
- Make sure to outsource to areas where there is a bit of competition in development rates.
- To eliminate misunderstandings and miscommunications, make sure to interact with the team at every step of the development process.
3. Can I update the app content after the final product? Does that include additional costs?
Yes, there is mandatory maintenance of the app after initial development. Minor bugs and fixes are checked for and platform compatibility enhancements are made. Depending upon the scale and size of the update, the costs will be added accordingly.
4. Why pick iPhone apps for business?
Several benefits that come along with the choice of going with iPhone apps for your business:
- Immediate worldwide reach
- Real-time clients
- Better capital and ROI
- Premium quality standards provide an impetus for your app to perform better
- Quality-driven security for business