Whether in happiness or in sadness, one always seek someone to share their feelings with. Just like the popular dialogue of Band Baja Baarat movie, “Whether it is inflation or recession, people won’t stop getting married.” Whatever the situation will be, dating will always be a charm. It is not just for the young people, people of every age group wants to find someone. This is one of the major reasons why dating app would be a great idea to develop. This category of app is in trend and in heavy demand. It would be easy to develop a heavy user base. Generating revenue will also be easy once it hits the market successfully.
Is It A Good Idea To Develop A Dating App?
Just take the example of the leading dating apps like Tinder, Happn, and Aisle. All these dating apps are flourishing beautifully in the market. It is the right category and let me say also the right time to deploy a dating app in the market. Let’s get started with the statistical facts about dating app like Tinder.
Fascinating Facts of Dating Mobile App
• The revenue generation of an online dating app is $571 Million in the past year.
• User penetration of online dating app of the past year was 5.2% and is expected to rise up to 6.2% by the end of 2023.
• The average revenue of a dating application per person is about $2.15.
• The biggest news is that the Tinder revenue became twice since the past year.
• The revenue number is expected to grow at 4.8% on an annual basis with an expectation to rise by 6.2% by the end of the year 2023.
• Maximum revenue is generated from the US for online dating apps which are about $277 in the past year.
Well, this must have motivated you about the idea of deploying your own app in the app stores. Keep the spirits high and watch out for the features that can give you the taste of success.
Features To Have In A Dating App
1) Social Login
This feature allows the user to login to the app through an email account or any of their social account. This will save the user from the hassle of setting up an entirely new account.
This is one of the unique features of the online dating app. The user can check other users and swipe those they like.
3) Chat With Your Date
The app allows you to chat with the guys or girls you have liked. You can strike a conversation and schedule a date.
4) App Setting
The user can change the settings as per their convenience. They can choose the type of matches they want and get recommendations accordingly.
5) Distance Match
The user can prefer the distance of the match they are looking for. They can set a range and get suggestions within that range.
6) Gender Preference
The user can choose the gender male or female as per their interest. The app also allows choosing both if the user deems fit.
7) Age Group
The user can set a range of the age they want a match for. They will get recommendations only of the people falling under this age group.
The user always stays tuned with anything new happening with the app through notifications. If any user gets super like, they will get a notification for that as well.
This feature is limited for the paid user base. If a user likes another user very much, he/she can give SuperLike.
Technology To Be Used In A Dating App
• Languages: Java for Android, Swift for iPhone, and PHP
• Frameworks: Retrofit, Gradle, Push notifications, Firebase, Android image filter, core image filter, Tinder swipe view, and CardStackView
• ORM and Database: Realm mobile database and core data
Business Development Head and Sales Generation Leader who thrives to take the personal and professional growth to the next level.