When you are an app development company, you get plenty of inquiries with varied ideas for app development. Basically, there is a few bifurcation of app ideas:
- Ideas that are totally out of the box.
- Idea which is partially unique and partially resembles some of the existing apps.
- Idea which is just a clone of some existing app.
Generally, business comes up with either of these options. From the client’s perspective, before you plunge to the decision of development, just give it a thought, is it worth it? Because it is going to eat up a lot of your money. So, there is nothing wrong if you send your app idea for a SWOT analysis. Let me give you a basic idea of what is SWOT.
Introduction To SWOT
SWOT was just an abbreviation of four terms strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat. Well, now SWOT has become the proper name. This is the stage where you can analyze the entire scenario, check out its realistic implementation, pros and cons and also the best solution for this. SWOT analysis is not restricted to the internal affairs but also expands to the external affairs as well. There are no divergent ways to the fact that you are fairly in the know of the concept of SWOT but the question here is do you implement it when the time comes? Here when you have a new mobile app development idea, have you considered undergoing a SWOT analysis? No, you would have not. By conducting this analysis, you will come across the potential issues that hinder its development and even its success rate. Here are some of the advantages and limitations of SWOT analysis for the mobile app.
Advantages of SWOT Analysis
- It asks for no monetary investment, but it can save your monetary investment from going in vain.
- It can assist you in spotting any opportunity that you have missed from which your business can have the ultimate gain.
- If you are a startup and you are looking out to gain investment for your idea, then SWOT analysis is an add-on when you pitch your investor.
- If being a newbie to the app development field you don’t have the knowledge to undertake the SWOT analysis, ask the mobile app development company you are considering to hire to do it on your behalf.
- You know the loophole right before and hence you can figure out the ways to combat them beforehand.
- These can help you frame your app marketing strategies highlighting your competitive benefits.
Limitations of SWOT Analysis
- Consulting a doctor would only let you know your disease, it won’t help you cure it. You will have to take medicines for that. In the same way, SWOT analysis is not going to help you in reimbursing the loss, it can only warn you to stay away from it.
- SWOT analysis is just an assistant in app development planning but an integral chunk when it comes to execution.
- Not all the information revealed by the SWOT analysis is useful.
- The results of SWOT analysis is like shopping in a mall. You have plenty of options with different size and different price, you have to pick the best one out as per your choice and budget.
When it comes to app development, despite the cons you just read, consider going for it. The benefits have an upper hand as compared to the limitations. You can have an in-depth analysis of the USP (Unique selling point), development strategy, selling strategy, resources to be hired, current and upcoming trends, budgetary needs, technologies to be used and much more. Get your head clear up, you will have a bulk of information with this analysis, but pick the right ones and decide.