World ends at home but your fingers end at the mobile apps. Mobile devices are literally empty without apps. But, how does this app actually work? What technology goes behind developing these? Well, there are several such things that go behind these apps. One of the important things that go behind mobile app development is a framework.
The app development framework is basically a software framework that allows mobile app developers to create an app by using several sub-components and features. The component includes debugger, libraries, toolsets, and several such things. So you know about these frameworks?
Being a startup, you might not know and even if you know you might not know enough. Here is the list of top 10 frameworks for startups to use in 2020.
It is an open-source HTML development framework. Ionic framework avails cross-platform app development. Mobile app developers love using the ionic framework. Developers can use a specific set of UI elements like tab bars, filters, action sheets, forms, list views, and navigation menu. This makes their task a bit easier. They can divert their sole concentration on the app development and not on the UI.
Pros of Using Ionic Framework
- Cross-platform development
- Better performance
- Cordova plugins
- Easy to adapt
- Preset UI elements
- Low cost of development
- Built on AngularJS
2) React Native
Want to launch an app on both Android and iOS platforms with the same code? React Native is the perfect fit for it. Code once and use everywhere. This is how react native works. It has gained extreme popularity among users and mobile app development companies as well. React native app development is becoming popular not only among startups but also among Fortune 500 companies as well.
This framework is most appropriate when the clients are looking for a short development cycle and speedy deployment. One of the best things about this framework is that it uses JSX which eliminates the need for learning complex programming for the developers. The performance of this framework is smooth because of the conversion o the code into native views before rendering.
Pros of React Native Framework
- Code reusability
- Vast community
- Optimal performance
- Simple UI
- Modular architecture
- Third-party plugins
- Stable apps
- Handy libraries
PhoneGap is a cross-platform mobile app development framework which is also called Apache Cordova. It enables the mobile app developers to come up with an app that can be installed as a native one across multiple devices. It is one of the most used frameworks which needs to code just once and used for creating multiple versions of the mobile app. This helps developers to save time, effort, and resources. One of the highlighting parts of using PhoneGap is its support for inbuilt features like camera, Storage, GPS, phonebook, accelerometer, and many more.
Benefits of using PhoneGap Framework
- Open source
- Easy to work with plugins
- Strong backend
- Every app works like native
- No need to hire expert developers
- Uniform products across all products
- Single code for multiple platforms
- Rapid testing and easy deployment
- Saves development efforts and time
Xamrin is one of the most intelligent ways of developing apps. Developers can use C# for developing iOS, Android, and Windows apps. Xamrin is one of the most reliable and flexible tools for the developers to work with to get native-like performance. Microsoft technology backs xamrin framework and has 1.4 Million developers in its community. The framework aces at providing a native user interface. It enables the developers to control the app and give native actions and UI with ease. Xamrin will have a great demand in the future based on the way it is reducing the gap between multiple platforms and availing it for free.
Pros of using Xamrin Framework
- It is a cross-platform mobile app design and development framework.
- It provides a native user interface.
- Gives native UI and controls that enable you to create a native app.
- It provides easier API integration.
- It avails useful compiled code.
- Shared codebase.
- Xamrin has a huge developer’s community and can easily get support on the official forum and third-party websites.
- It can be used for id mobile app development, iOS development, Windows app development and also share code on multiple platforms.
- Enable the developers to generate high performing and productive code that can access every native API.
- It is also included in Visual Studio without any charges including the version of Visual Studio Community which is absolutely free for use to the individuals, small teams, and open-source projects. This cuts down the overall development cost.
It is basically a software development kit developed by the tech giant Google. Developers love working with Flutter because of the faster coding capabilities it provides. Flutter makes the development process more convenient for the developers by allowing a single codebase for Android and iOS platforms. One of the highlighting benefits flutter gives is allowing to change the old widgets and creating new widgets very effectively. It helps to build responsive apps that can engage more users in a short time span.
- Same user interface and business logic on all the platforms.
- Lesser time for code development.
- App performance is similar to the native.
- A custom animated UI of any type of complexity is available.
- Has its own rendering engine.
- Platform-specific logic implementation is available.
- Potential to go beyond Mobile.
- Single code for two platforms.
- Lesser need for testing.
- Great for deploying faster apps.
- UI of the same app runs on older devices.
- Perfect fit for the MVP model.
6) Corona SDK
It is used for creating compatible cross-platform apps in a limited time. With the help of Corona SDK, the need for large development needs can be eliminated. It helps the developers in creating solitary codebase which works well with platforms like Android, iOS, and Nook. With the advanced features of Corona SDK like interactivity and engaging graphics, cool content can be integrated into the apps. This SDK for app development automatically scales content across multiple devices. API for gaming apps can easily be integrated into the app and allows the app owners to monetize the app and easily make money from it.
- Easy to understand Lua language.
- The single code base for multiple platforms.
- Quick monetization opportunities.
- Have dominant APIs.
- Have rights to the source code.
- It also has a faster frame per second.
7) JQuery Mobile
- Smaller and easy learning curve.
- Best option to develop cross-platform and cross-device mobile apps.
- Custom theme development is possible with the JQuery Mobile framework.
- No worries about the app store approval.
- The wide browser and device coverage.
- Touch-friendly UI widgets and form inputs.
- Responsive web design.
8) Intel XDK
9) Appcelerator Titanium
It is a cross-platform mobile app development solution. It has independent API which makes accessing hardware of mobile devices reliable and smooth. It makes use of the native UI components that delivers great performance to its user base.
- Works flawlessly on multiple platforms.
- This framework is easy to learn and the exciting drag and drop elements are cherry on the top.
- The developer’s community provides great support.
- It is web-oriented.
- It provides rapid prototyping.
- Have resourceful code modules that cut down the amount of code that needs to be written.
- It is free as well as open-source.
- It provides added benefits like app analytics and BAAS (backend as a service).
10) Mobile Angular UI
- The framework gets support from Google.
- It provides declarative UI.
- It provides easy testing of mobile apps.
- It has simplified MVC software architectural setup.
- It provides improved readability.
- It has simplified unit-testing.
- It enables code reusability.
- It has easy maintenance.
- It provides simple and improved design architecture.
1) Which framework is best for mobile app development?
Here is a list of the top 10 best frameworks for app development:
- React native
- Corona SDK
- JQuery Mobile
- Intel XDK
- Appcelerator Titanium
- Mobile Angular UI
(2) What are the top mobile app development trends in 2020?
Here are the top mobile application development trends:
- Wearable apps
- Android instant apps
- Artificial intelligence
- Mobile wallets
- Accelerated mobile pages
- Cloud-based apps
(3) What is a mobile app development framework?
It is a software framework used to design and develop an app. The framework is a software library that gives fundamental structure to support the development of your mobile app.
(4) Is Android Studio a framework?
It is most probably an operating system and not exactly a framework. Android studio provides its own framework to the developers to use and develop Android apps.
We have curated the list of top 10 app development framework for 2020. You have the names, description, and also the benefits. Know them and weigh them as per your convenience. Compare the frameworks with your app development requirements and choose the one that fits right. If you need any help or consultation about your project requirements or understanding the framework, contact 360 Degree Technosoft and discuss your query.