Why Should You Indulge in Restaurant App Development?
Have you ever been in a situation where you are sad and heartbroken and food makes you happy? Well, if not then try it next time when you are upset. Food can cheer you up in a minute. It gives you the ultimate satisfaction of living your life (sometimes). What if this gets delivered at your desired time and desired place. Blimey, it’s like adding a feather to the cap. Now, this is for the general public like you and me. If you are an iPhone or Android app development company, have you ever pondered on developing a restaurant app? If no, then my friend you definitely haven’t seen the potential of this sector. Well, I ain’t going to teach to how to build a revenue generating or user luring restaurant app. Instead, I am going to convince you that you have missed on a huge opportunity and entail some really believable reasons of doing so.
Why Indulge in Restaurant App Development?
1) Trending sector
Have you heard he just quit his job and indulged in a start-up? Well, yes this is the world of start-up. If this is the scenario, why do a plethora of start-ups fail? Because of adequate research and wrong choice of the sector. Let me explore you with some of the bizarre in market selection.
1) The gigantic mistake you make is entering in an overpopulated market. When you are a newbie, why the hell do you want all the fuss of cutting-edge competition? Just give it a thought, would you really be able to diverge all their potential customers your side? Well, yes but only when you have something out of the box to offer.
2) Another mistake not to commit is entering an antiquated market. Well, no wonder you won’t face any competitive threat there but yes, you will also have curtailed choice of users therein.
3) The third one is a risky one. Being ahead of time is good but being extremely ahead of time won’t benefit you either. Users generally consider unknown as a threat and not an opportunity. So, don’t pick a sector which is not known to the public.
What about Restaurant Sector?
Coming to point of selection, restaurant app sector is neither too crowded nor too antiquated, popular among users and demanded by them too. Being indulged in Android or iPhone app development, this is the appropriate choice you can make. The current revenue in this market is $30 billion and it is expected to grow to $210 billion. This application sector has a brighter future, so without wasting a single moment, build the app and join the league.
2) Huge target audience
The target audience interested in using a food app is really high. This is one of the reasons why your restaurant app development start-up is going to be a success. So, who’s your potential audience? It can be anyone and everyone who uses a mobile phone. It can be school students ordering their breakfast, it can be office workers ordering their lunch, it can be housewives bored of cooking, it can be bachelors ordering food, or any other one you name. So, here are some of the researched set of people to be potent for restaurant app audience.
1) Families having toddlers and small kids.
2) Middle-aged people residing in cities and working overtime in office.
3) Divorced or bachelors living alone without families.
4) Youth and teenagers who walk side by side with technology and are basically phone addict.
3) Apps has upper hand than websites
The world has turned from mobile to mobile first and there are no divergent ways to this fact. Check everyone’s pocket or bag, whether you get money or not, everyone will have mobile carried with them and so mobile apps. Here are some of the reasons why apps are better than websites.
1) Better interface
2) Easy access
3) GPS for searching nearby restaurants
4) Push notifications
5) Device alerts
6) In-app tracking for delivery
4) Channel to make your restaurant business lucrative
I think you already know this but not enough to drive you to indulge in here. So, let me give it a try. Do you ever feel embarrassed with the waiter standing right on your head and asking if you are ready to order? Or even when they are right next to you while you are having your food? People also refrain from ordering food just because they don’t want any telephonic conversation. The way out to all this is restaurant app. You can scroll the menu for the time you want, you can order without having a conversation with anyone.
I am Pratik Kanada, founder & CEO of 360 Degree Technosoft, which makes app ideas into reality by providing unique design and development services across iOS and Android platforms. I generally write blogs on mobile technology, app development and app marketing.